Why should Info Rhino Limited build my website?
Let's tell you a secret - we don't build websites. We deploy data rich online content with numerous views for displaying content and data. This big difference means we focus on information rich websites, which happens to double as amazing websites.
We think data first. How can we make data intelligently exist on a website which is useful to users? Our passion for data is what drives our development.
Instead ask - Who else can deploy our data platform?
Once clients take that leap, recognising that websites should not be a maintenance nightmare, that they can automate publishing data to the website and see it magically update on the website, clients make that "Ta da" moment.
Instead of seeing a website that needs be built, see it that you have data which needs discovering. Your business has information which will make your customer's lives easier.
How can a website data platform meet my website development needs?
You have specific design requirements. You have specific user functionality needed. You feel it would be better to have a bespoke vendor develop the website?
It does not have to be like this. Much of our website is about dropping content and components into the platform. Whilst some additional development may be needed, our focus is on allowing functionality to be added to our platform without significant redevelopment.
Integrating payment handling example;
A customer asks us to add payment handling for premium access to our website. The customer would like us to add stripe to your platform, and security for accessing this information.
A typical website development company would set about developing the integration of stripe, and a security layer within the website. This puts the website on a critical payment path, and - if the client later found Stripe to not be what they wanted, this may result in a rewrite, if they chose to use PayPal for example.
Info Rhino would firstly, analyse the functionality required from a process flow. We would then identify a number of providers to establish if this functionality is generic. Once determined, we would add security and this process flow in via droppable components. The goal is for the client or a third party to be capable of implementing this independent of Info Rhino in the future.
I don't like the look of Info Rhino's website, it doesn't look modern enough for our audience
We currently use Twitter Bootstrap. Our website is designed to work how we want it to work but we are completely open to new ideas and new directions. We welcome your input and work with our designers to improve the website quality.
We love Info Rhino's Web Data Platform, but what if Info Rhino are not capable of delivering our specific requirements?
We will work with any client wishing to add specific functionality and work to outsource these client-side components. This has many advantages;
- It gives our clients more flexibility in what our platform can deliver.
- It reduces Info Rhino from the critical path.
- These third-party client-side components are joint owned by the client and Info Rhino.
- We will always aim to ensure these components work within the platform.
Clear known costs
Our research, and experience, shows that a continual frustrating element of software procurement is the avoidance to explain what something will cost.
- Our fees are clearly listed on our Web Data Platform page.
- Where costs are uncertain, we make this clear.
- If costs need to be increased outside of any agreements, we let you know.
- We pass on any costs relating to third parties such as hosting.
Clear implementation timeframe
One of the most important elements to getting a website implemented is that the client knows how long it will take.
- We have undertaken significant efforts to streamline the process as much as possible.
- We leave capacity to customise our solution for each client, and we provide material to help our clients give us as much content and instruction as possible.
- We allow enough time to implement a standard implementation.
- We will engage third parties to undertake extra work under a sliding scale of priority.
What is the alternative to Info Rhino implementing our website for us?
Quite simply, it is a question of vision. When you hire a website development agency, you are asking technical graphical designers to put together a website. When you engage Info Rhino, instead, you are envisioning how you want your customers will engage with us through your superior online presence.
That simple difference, sharing a vision, and knowing what to expect in terms of both price and deliverables is why we are the go-to solution experts.
For those still wondering, here are our high-level items we use when considering outsourcing website vendors.
There are thousands of website development agencies to choose from - which one is right for me?
It is possible there are millions of organisations and individuals capable of building a website. There are thousands of different platforms which a website can be built on. Many of these platforms have hundreds of developers contributing to their ongoing improvement, and so the question has to be - what does Info Rhino's websites beat every other website and website design agency on the planet?
Any decision on a specific website technology and solutions provider will have trade-offs
When making your decision, we recommend performing a costs benefit analysis of choosing the provider, platform, technology, aesthetics, third-party plugins.
We always advise considering;
What your customer wants.
How you want your business to be portrayed.
What you are willing to pay.
How much time your organisation;
Expects to maintain the website.
Expects to maintain Social Media and presence on other platforms.
Expects to spend on the project initiation.
What kind of support and assistance you expect.
When thinking about costs, it is vital that all costs are considered;
- Your time spent during project implementation.
- The estimate from the website supplier.
- Whether you expect to replace the website in due course.
- The cost of logos, branding, and content creation.
- What data needs regular updating on your website.
- How long you think the website should take.
The skillset and capabilities of the provider
In our article Articles > What are the biggest mistakes made when commissioning website development(link), we covered some of the many skills required when building a website. We provide an Advisory Solutions(link) service where we can help organisations requiring help with outsourcing and managing website projects. If you decide to do this alone, we can't give specific guidance, but here are some of the things we do;
- Identify the skills we think the website requires.
- Ensure you have a good understanding of the technical capability within the organisation.
- Have a checklist of deliverables which are operational.
- Understand elements such as Disaster Recovery, Support, and Recovery.
- Understand the underlying hosting support arrangements.
- Discuss the exit strategy. This will seem strange, but it is essential to be able to migrate away when needed amicably.
- Understand where you are with regards to intellectual property, data ownership, and portability of the solution.
One core consideration is that uptime, especially with outages for even the most largest of platforms such as Facebook is never guaranteed. We take a pragmatic approach with our own platforms, but many clients will require much more stringent expectations. Ensure you are realistic with your requirements, but please leave no stone unturned.
Conclusion on why you should use Info Rhino to deliver your website
At Info Rhino, we have a threshold of clients we expect to serve in a year. Our platforms just work, and we strive to give you as much freedom to work with our platforms as possible. We have a clear roadmap in terms of our platform. Conversely, each client has their specific needs and we will only implement the right solution for the right client needs.
It is worth pointing out that we don't consider ourselves a web development agency or website development consultancy. Our skills are in data, but we have had so much expertise delivering reporting platforms and websites, offering this quality service makes so much sense.
We can't compete on bargain basement price, but we can deliver quality starter and web data platforms that works.