What is a data driven website?
A data driven website is one which has one or more pages and will display different content based upon different search criteria.
Famous examples include;
- Yahoo Mail
An example could be the following website address (URL).
This is a page which can display an almost infinite number of articles.
For example /article/best website development agencies/info rhino would point to an article category of best website development agencies and could feature a full page article about Info Rhino. There would be nothing stopping us adding more articles.
Why data driven websites are so important?
- The number of real pages is reduced, making websites easier to develop and maintain.
- Content can be pushed to the website automatically and displayed within the website.
- Many DDWs are connected to live databases. This allows the website to display information in real-time.
- In many situations, users can type into the website address bar to simplify their user experience - known as hackable URLs.
User friendly websites versus modern single page website and Search Engine Optimisation
The many advantages of slicker user experiences by reducing page refreshes often act counter to improving search engine optimisation.
It is one reason why older style data driven websites are far more likely to get better website hit results than what are known as single page application websites.
Our interactive page on our company page https://inforhino.co.uk/company is unseen by search engines because it enhances user experience over SEO for single page content access.
Whereas our articles page is completely transparent to search engines because we focused on clean accessible URLs.
This is why Amazon still feels older, yet they clearly have substantial resources to build super slick user experiences - it would hurt their SEO ranking. Dynamic content that needs to be found by users must be easy for web-crawling technology to find.
Info Rhino's Web Data Platform, dynamic content, and Data Driven Websites
Our WDP is completely dynamic content oriented;
- Our Articles capability.
- Our Report Manager and report loader functionality .
- Our Dynamic Dashboard page display reports intuitively.
- Our Reports access page. Shows reports by type on a single page which can be accessed.
- Our content plugin snippets which can accept data and save it to disk automatically.
- Our Report Display page (maps and charts) with dynamic filters built in.
- Our Call to Action functionality. You may notice our website has the classic three panel cards in different areas. These are maintained outside of the content management system (CMS), meaning these are data driven content in page.
Not all of these features are visible on our Info Rhino website, as we switched them off, but they are present on our Www.findigl.com platform.
Top Data Driven Website Development company
Our website is ahead of the competition because we focus on data ready capability. Content and data can be pushed to folders, without a need to;
- Connect to different databases.
- Maintain new data driven content inside a content management system.
- Connect to external APIs - these are notorious for changing their endpoints and breaking.
- Integrate third party components into our platform.
This makes our company, a top solutions provider in the data driven website space.
Conclusion on Data Driven Websites
We like to think of our Web Data Platform as being a significant player in improving how DDWs can open their content up to search engines and users. We don't see other website development agencies openly discussing these kinds of topics because whilst they may build data driven capabilities, they don't think in terms of openness of data like we do.
Finally, we are adding a fantastic new feature which will permit access and content retrieval from external APIs without needing to redeploy this website - watch this space.
Written with StackEdit.